MailChimp underwent a dramatic transformation in 2013 that earned it the redesign of the year award from net Magazine. The entire app was redesigned and made responsive for a mobile, collaborative workflow. Redesigning for millions of customers is scary. With so many moving parts and entrenched customer workflows, how do you move a product forward without leaving users in the dust?
In this talk I shared the back story of the project, including the research that led to the redesign, the challenges of the creative process, and the design patterns that made the build out possible on a tight deadline.
Slides and Notes
- MailChimp Design Patterns
- Collaborative Spaces
- Persona Research
- Redesigning With Research
- The Bakcstory of the MailChimp Redesign
- Behind the Redesign
- View Switching: The Secret Sauce Behind the MailChimp Redesign
- Pattern Library Primer
- Architecting a Pattern Library
- Redesigning the MailChimp Marketing Site